Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Changes... UPDATED!

Well, apparently this blog got popular a bit faster than I thought it would. So, what do I find after coming back from vacation? After one week, of me not even being at home to update, I come back to find 30 new stage submissions in my inbox. So, it was then that I realized that I had to change what I was doing to get these up quicker.

So, do you remember how before stages would come up slowly, but when they did everything was there? I can't do that anymore. It takes too much time to just wait on one stage. So now, I'll be putting stuff up as they become available. So, every bit of each post won't be up all at once. But many pieces of a lot more stages will be available. So, even though it may look slower, it will actually allow me to put up many more stages much faster.

This method will also make the gameplay videos for the stages, the first thing available. For example, today more than two dozen gameplay videos were just added to the BrawlStages YouTube Channel. But sometimes YouTube can be slow to process, so it will sometimes take a while for videos uploaded to show up on the channel page. So, in order to find out about a new stage the second it's uploaded I would highly recommend subscribing to the BrawlStages Channel on YouTube. To subscribe click the "Subscribe" button at:

http://www.youtube.com/BrawlStages

UPDATE: I will also soon begin to be posting stage design tips, so you can all begin to make better, more entertaining stages.

UPDATE 2: Also the MPEG-4 Downloadable versions of the gameplay data will take a LOT LOT longer to show up than before, if ever. But this will allow me to up a dramatically higher number of stages, quicker than ever before.

UPDATE 3: A lot of people have been enjoying the strategies for the stages that I have been writing, but of course as these are custom stages I am giving strategies for it won't be too often that you will be able to apply these strategies. And so, I will soon be making exclusive combat-tested strategies for every one of the stages that comes included in Super Smash Brothers Brawl! And, like the custom stages here, each of these posts will also come with a gameplay video, and screen shots of the stage.

Once they become available, they will be listed under the "Static Stages" category on the left.
__________


The Brawl Custom Stage Collection is made possible by GamersCast: Video Podcasting.
GamersCast
, gives you the latest in video game news, discussions, game reviews, EXCLUSIVE game previews, and even lets you compete in a few video game tournaments!
Check them out at: GamersCastPodCast.com
And on iTunes at: http://iTunes.GamersCastPodcast.com

All files from the Brawl Custom Stage Collection are hosted by GamersCast.

No comments: